I've tested my UK1541 in my commodore plus/4 and I want to give some feedback.
- first of all: emulation seems to be quite good, I've encountered only a few programs which were incompatible with the UK1541
- most of the times when I power up the machine UK stucks at the checking for firmware update message (I don't remember which one because I lent my card to a friend) and I have to press the right button of UK to reset menu
- some disk images cannot be mounted with file fragmented error message - does it really not handle fragmented disk images??
- if I enter a directory with lots of files it takes several seconds. It would be good to have a feedback that UK is working on it because I'm never sure if it's working or it didn't received my command and sometimes I press the button on the remote again and I go back to the previous directory immediately
- sometimes (after deleting files from SD card?) there are corrupt entries in the end of directory listing of the SD card
1. Name of programs,
2. Change computer and recheck again,
3. Yes, in progress, you can use defrag
4. Yes, procedure is scanning directory for files, maximum amount of files is 2^32, it takes time even if you use Cortex M0@48Mhz
5. There is a plenty of errors in FS handler. Small bugs hard to find. Usually I have feedback from betatesters with partition to check. You can use fatsort.
Thanks for feedback ![/list]